The cold biological truth is that sex changes are impossible. Every single cell of the human body remains coded with one’s birth gender for life. Intersex ambiguities can occur, but they are developmental anomalies that represent a tiny proportion of all human births.In a democracy, everyone, no matter how nonconformist or eccentric, should be free from harassment and abuse. But at the same time, no one deserves special rights, protections, or privileges on the basis of their eccentricity. The categories “trans-man” and “trans-woman” are highly accurate and deserving of respect. But like Germaine Greer and Sheila Jeffreys, I reject state-sponsored coercion to call someone a “woman” or a “man” simply on the basis of his or her subjective feeling about it. We may well take the path of good will and defer to courtesy on such occasions, but it is our choice alone.
A wide-ranging interview. Source: Camille Paglia: On Trump, Democrats, Transgenderism, and Islamist Terror | The Weekly Standard
The fact that the two deadliest attacks upon the U.K. in recent memory were at the hands of Islamic terrorists is not simply pub trivia. I mention it because when these apologists for Islam get bored of claiming that jihadists are incessantly and inexplicably lying about their religious motivations, they invariably engage in the crass exercise of throwing around skewed data in a desperate attempt to deemphasize the danger posed by Islamic terror. this is not due to some well-meaning concern for people worrying unnecessarily, or to ensure that counter terrorism strategy is accurately focused upon the most serious threat, it seems rather to be a tactical attempt to prioritize the protection of odious 7th century folklore over the welfare of real human beings.
In the not uncommon event of an Islamic lunatic slaughtering a crowd of innocent people, Americentric articles and tweets lying about the likelihood of this happening to you, instantaneously begin to surface, like gunk from the ocean floor after a depth charge detonation.
Source: No, You’re Not More Likely to Be Killed by a Right-Wing Extremist than an Islamic Terrorist – Areo Magazine
Christianity, it turned out, looked nothing like the caricature I once held. I found the story of Jacob wrestling with God especially compelling: God wants anything but the unthinking faith I had once assumed characterized Christianity. God wants us to wrestle with Him; to struggle through doubt and faith, sorrow and hope. Moreover, God wants broken people, not self-righteous ones. And salvation is not about us earning our way to some place in the clouds through good works. On the contrary; there is nothing we can do to reconcile ourselves to God. As a historian, this made profound sense to me. I was too aware of the cycles of poverty, violence and injustice in human history to think that some utopian design of our own, scientific or otherwise, might save us.
Source: How Oxford and Peter Singer drove me from atheism to Jesus – The Veritas Forum – The Veritas Forum
To explain how a scientist can be a Christian is actually quite simple. Science cannot and does not disprove the resurrection. Natural science describes the normal reproducible working of the world of nature. Indeed, the key meaning of “nature”, as Boyle emphasized, is “the normal course of events.” Miracles like the resurrection are inherently abnormal. It does not take modern science to tell us that humans don’t rise from the dead. People knew that perfectly well in the first century; just as they knew that the blind from birth don’t as adults regain their sight, or water doesn’t instantly turn into wine.
Source: Can a scientist believe in the resurrection? Three hypotheses. – The Veritas Forum – The Veritas Forum
- Don’t back down. Ever.
- Don’t apologize for liking what you like. Especially when it runs counter to the SJW agenda.
- You are going to get called names. If you take a stand, even if it’s just a call not to be hasty, you will be called names. Ignore them.
- Allies are important. Gamers rallied around each other, regardless of skin color, confused sexual orientation, disability, sex, or just about any other metric the Progressives use to divide society into smaller groups. That doesn’t mean you need to accept their agendas and goals outside of the immediate problem, but if they are shooting at enemy, let them.
- Winning takes effort. Winning takes time. You’re going to lose ground now and then. See #1.
- The social pressure to give in and conform will be intense. See #1.
- A lot of battles can be won by just showing up and taking the field. The enemy has power, true, but not all that you will face. Sometimes just shedding a little light will have them running.
- Memes. Rhetorical attacks with memes are powerful. It dispirits the enemy. It raises the morale of your side.
- Last on my list, but there are others lessons, have fun. A song in the heart and a smile on the lips will confound the enemy many times over.
Source: Gamergate as an effective template for defense against SJWs – Men Of The West
Via Lion of the Blogosphere.:
- Human biodiversity (HBD):
- Differences between races.
- Differences between men and women.
- Biological/evolutionary basis for behavior.
- Value transference. … [In] a post-scarcity economy, the majority of work is value transference work, work that doesn’t create any value but just transfers the value created by others.
- Relative wants. …This is also related to our desire for status.
- Religion and groupthink. … [Religion is] “A cultural system of beliefs, behaviors, practices, ethics and societal organization that relate humanity to an order of existence.” Groupthink is the tendency for people to believe whatever other people believe.
The last few weeks have confirmed that there are two systems of government in the United States. The first is the system of government outlined in the U.S. Constitution—its checks, its balances, its dispersion of power, its protection of individual rights. Donald Trump was elected to serve four years as the chief executive of this system. Whether you like it or not.
The second system is comprised of those elements not expressly addressed by the Founders. This is the permanent government, the so-called administrative state of bureaucracies, agencies, quasi-public organizations, and regulatory bodies and commissions, of rule-writers and the byzantine network of administrative law courts. This is the government of unelected judges with lifetime appointments who, far from comprising the “least dangerous branch,” now presume to think they know more about America’s national security interests than the man elected as commander in chief.
Source: Who Rules the United States?
The question that faces every man is not “what sort of society do I want for myself and my children?” That’s a lie and it has always been a lie. The question is “What are my choices and how do I achieve my preferred option?”
Source: The Unanswered Question | The Z Blog
What was endearingly feminine, and touching, about Mary Richards was how willingly she acceded to organizing her life around serving others. Always available for advice, or for babysitting, or for a hug, she was poised, graceful, content. She wasn’t interested in shattering barriers but in being nice.
Source: ‘The Mary Tyler Moore Show’ Gave Us a Feminine, Not a Feminist, Icon – Acculturated (Per the blog post just before this, perhaps “nice” is “feminine.”)
Niceness isn’t really a virtue, Lawler says. It’s more of a cop-out, a moral shrug. “A nice person won’t fight for you,” he points out. “A nice person isn’t animated by love or honor or God. Niceness, if you think about it, is the most selfish of virtues, one, as Tocqueville noticed, rooted in a deep indifference to the well-being of others.”
Source: The Real Motivation Behind the Left’s “Niceness” – Acculturated