– On average, atheist IQ is a little higher than theist IQ. Of course, averages are misleading, because …
– There are more high-IQ theists than high-IQ atheists.
– The majority of atheists have sub-100 IQs.
– “The two most common types of atheists are the High Church atheists with 128+ IQs and Low Church atheists with 65-72 IQs. The Low Church atheists actually outnumber the High Church atheists, 22.9 to 17.2 percent.”
– “There are 11.4x more 128+ IQ theists who either ‘know God exists’ or ‘believe God exists despite having the occasional doubt’ than there are 128+ IQ atheists who ‘don’t believe God exists.'”
See the article for an interesting set of graphs.
Part of me wonders if this accounts for the “I Love Science!” crowd, despite not actually know what science *is*, as well.
FWIW, I was raised a Methodist Christian, so I have a warm place in my heart for religion. In adulthood I became an agnostic, not an atheist, so I have no particular dog in that fight. I have not taken a formal IQ test so I do not know where I fall on that scale. I like science as a methodology, which is why I am perturbed by messages purporting to be “scientific” when they are not.