… but I predict they won’t be. The Republicans are too often as big-government as the Democrats. Regardless:
[There is no] shortage of free-market health care solutions. Among them:
• End the tax discrimination against individual insurance buyers.
• Let consumers buy plans across state lines, giving states an incentive to rein in their out-of-control benefit mandates.
• Let small groups establish association health plans to get benefits of scale.
• Ease the rules that are choking off the medical savings account market.
• Reform the nation’s tort laws.
The Supreme Court debate this week exposed the left’s health care vision in all its glory — one that relies on massive federal spending and unprecedented intrusiveness into every aspect of our lives.
This June, Republicans may very well have the chance to offer an alternative vision that relies instead on free markets, consumer choice and open competition to improve what is already the world’s best health care system.